Modifying Permission and Share settings.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Olaf Soyk Olaf Soyk 1 week, 5 days ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Brian Clanton
    Brian Clanton
    Participant

I am composing a script that will iterate through a list of Client OU's and modify their H: driver permissions settings based on whether or not they have the 'correct' settings.

If anyone has ever changed permissions on a 'root' folder, you will know it takes a while depending on how many files a user has before it cycles through all of the folders.

I need to somehow tell powershell not to go to the next user or OU until it completes the permissions change to all subfolders in an H:drive.

I know I can make it wait for x seconds, but I can't anticipate how long it will take. There are ALOT of OU's with thousands of users, so I want to make this script as efficient as possible.

Profile photo of Olaf Soyk
    Olaf Soyk
    Participant

Powershell is single threaded. Usually there is only one cmdlet running at a time. If you execute external commands you can set Powershell to wait until they're finished.

If you have some particular issues with a particular piece of code you could post that here and the error and we will be pleased to try to help you.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.