MSFT_GroupResource issue with WMF 5 RTM

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Zuldan Zuldan 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Zuldan
    Zuldan
    Participant

I have 20 production servers (2012 R2) that have had WMF 5 Production Preview uninstalled, rebooted, WMF 5 RTM installed and rebooted. I've rebuilt their MOF files (using new Cert requirements) and pushed the configuration out to them. However, they are all now giving the error below when I run a consistency check.

"The PowerShell DSC resource MSFT_GroupResource from module does not exist at the PowerShell module path nor is it registered as a WMI DSC "

Event log has...

13/01/2016 10:25:57 AM 4131 Error Job DscTimerConsistencyOperationResult : DSC Engine Error : Error Message: NULL Error Code : 6
    13/01/2016 10:25:57 AM 4252 Error MIResult: 6Error Message: The PowerShell DSC resource MSFT_GroupResource from module does not exist at the PowerShell module path nor is it registered as a WMI DSC
    resource.Message ID: DscResourceNotFoundError Category: 7Error Code: 6Error Type: MI
    13/01/2016 10:25:57 AM 4257 Information Job runs under the following LCM setting. ConfigurationMode: ApplyAndAutoCorrect ConfigurationModeFrequencyMins: 30 RefreshMode: Pull RefreshFrequencyMins: 60 RebootNodeIfNeeded: None DebugMode: True
    13/01/2016 10:25:49 AM 4319 Information The local configuration manager is updating the PSModulePath to WindowsPowerShell\Modules;C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules;C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules.
    13/01/2016 10:25:48 AM 4114 Information Running consistency engine

If I remove all MSFT_GroupResource from the config files then there are zero errors in event log.

Anyone have any ideas?

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

I think this might be related to a bug in the initial v5 RTM. What's the value of your PSModulePath environment variable?

Profile photo of Zuldan
    Zuldan
    Participant

Hi Don, here you go.

PS C:\> $env:PSModulePath
    C:\UsersZuldan\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules;C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules;C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules

Profile photo of Zuldan
    Zuldan
    Participant

Incase anyone else is having the issue, you can get around it by using xGroup instead of Group.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.