MSFT_GroupResource issue with WMF 5 RTM

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Zuldan Zuldan 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Zuldan
    Zuldan
    Participant

I have 20 production servers (2012 R2) that have had WMF 5 Production Preview uninstalled, rebooted, WMF 5 RTM installed and rebooted. I've rebuilt their MOF files (using new Cert requirements) and pushed the configuration out to them. However, they are all now giving the error below when I run a consistency check.

"The PowerShell DSC resource MSFT_GroupResource from module does not exist at the PowerShell module path nor is it registered as a WMI DSC "

Event log has...

13/01/2016 10:25:57 AM 4131 Error Job DscTimerConsistencyOperationResult : DSC Engine Error : Error Message: NULL Error Code : 6
    13/01/2016 10:25:57 AM 4252 Error MIResult: 6Error Message: The PowerShell DSC resource MSFT_GroupResource from module does not exist at the PowerShell module path nor is it registered as a WMI DSC
    resource.Message ID: DscResourceNotFoundError Category: 7Error Code: 6Error Type: MI
    13/01/2016 10:25:57 AM 4257 Information Job runs under the following LCM setting. ConfigurationMode: ApplyAndAutoCorrect ConfigurationModeFrequencyMins: 30 RefreshMode: Pull RefreshFrequencyMins: 60 RebootNodeIfNeeded: None DebugMode: True
    13/01/2016 10:25:49 AM 4319 Information The local configuration manager is updating the PSModulePath to WindowsPowerShell\Modules;C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules;C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules.
    13/01/2016 10:25:48 AM 4114 Information Running consistency engine

If I remove all MSFT_GroupResource from the config files then there are zero errors in event log.

Anyone have any ideas?

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

I think this might be related to a bug in the initial v5 RTM. What's the value of your PSModulePath environment variable?

Profile photo of Zuldan
    Zuldan
    Participant

Hi Don, here you go.

PS C:\> $env:PSModulePath
    C:\UsersZuldan\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules;C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules;C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules

Profile photo of Zuldan
    Zuldan
    Participant

Incase anyone else is having the issue, you can get around it by using xGroup instead of Group.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.