Multi OUs Export

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of TobiasHan TobiasHan 1 week, 3 days ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of TobiasHan
    TobiasHan
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I try to get with powershell mutli OUs to Export to a .CSV.

I have following Script:
    $OUlist=@('OU=HAJ,OU=contoso users,DC=contoso,DC=de','OU=ZHR,OU=contoso users,DC=contoso,DC=de')

ForEach ($ou in $oulist) {Get-ADUser -Filter * -Searchbase $ou -Properties displayname, memberOf | select name, @{name="MemberOf";expression={$_.memberof -join ";"}} | export-csv e:\csv\bbbbbbbbbbbbb.csv}

The Export function is working, but i only get the second OU in the .CSV-Data ("ZHR")
    What is wrong?

Thank you

Kind Regards
    TobiasHan

Profile photo of Olaf Soyk
    Olaf Soyk
    Participant

If you would have formatted your code as code and indented it nicely you might have been able to see what's wrong a little easier.

$OUlist='OU=HAJ,OU=contoso users,DC=contoso,DC=de','OU=ZHR,OU=contoso users,DC=contoso,DC=de'
    ForEach ($ou in $oulist){
        Get-ADUser -Filter * -Searchbase $ou -Properties displayname, memberOf | 
            Select-Object name, @{name="MemberOf";expression={$_.memberof -join ";"}} | 
                Export-Csv e:\csv\bbbbbbbbbbbbb.csv -Append
    }

If you have the export inside the loop you overwright your csv file in every iteration of your loop! 😉 That's why you need -Append

Profile photo of TobiasHan
      TobiasHan
      Participant

Hello Olaf,

perfect. Thank you. It works.

Kind Regards
      Tobias

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.