Navigate xml files subfolder with Powershell

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dan Gheorghe Dan Gheorghe 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dan Gheorghe
    Dan Gheorghe
    Participant

I want to use PowerShell to read an xml file (EV log)
    I can load this file and read part of it. At this point in time I do not know ho to jump from
    $XmlDocument.ManagementPack.Monitoring.Rules.Rule
    to the next folders in the structure which are DataSources and WriteActions so I can select the attributes that I need in order to create a cvs file.
    I do not know how to post the xml folder structure here but is something like this:
    Management Pack
    Monitoring
    Rules
    Rule
    "rule attributes" – I can get to those attributes noproblem
    DataSources (here is the issue – I cannot jump to this folder)
    WriteActions (same as the above)

If I do this I am getting
    ID WriteActions
    — ————
    Symantec.EnterpriseVault.AdminService.Automatic_shutdown__Low_disk_space.Rule WriteActions
    Symantec.EnterpriseVault.AdminService.Error_rate_is_too_high__shutting_down.Rule WriteActions
    Symantec.EnterpriseVault.AdminService.Event_filter_activated_or_config_changed.Rule WriteActions
    Symantec.EnterpriseVault.AdminService.Event_Filter_deactivated_events_suppressed.Rule WriteActions
    Symantec.EnterpriseVault.AdminService.Event_Filter_deactivated_no_events_suppressed.Rule WriteActions
    Symantec.EnterpriseVault.AdminService.Events_suppressed_error.Rule WriteActions
    Symantec.EnterpriseVault.AdminService.Events_suppressed_warning.Rule WriteActions
    Symantec.EnterpriseVault.AdminService.Incorrect_Vault_Service_account_details_1.Rule WriteActions
    Symantec.EnterpriseVault.AdminService.Incorrect_Vault_Service_account_details_2.Rule WriteActions
    Symantec.EnterpriseVault.AdminService.Insufficient_disk_space.Rule WriteActions
    Symantec.EnterpriseVault.AdminService.Insufficient_disk_space__shutting_down_1.Rule WriteActions
    Symantec.EnterpriseVault.AdminService.Insufficient_disk_space__shutting_down_2.Rule WriteActions
    Symantec.EnterpriseVault.AdminService.Insufficient_disk_space__shutting_down_3.Rule WriteActions
    Symantec.EnterpriseVault.AdminService.Low_disk_space_1.Rule WriteActions
    Symantec.EnterpriseVault.AdminService.Low_disk_space_2.Rule WriteActions

If I do

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/f4bf141b5d5dfc698a1a

My question is how can I access those 2 folders under Rule which are DataSources and WriteActions so I can get the attributes.
    If I find way to post the entire xml file I will do so but so far I was not able to do it.
    Thanks

Profile photo of Dan Gheorghe
    Dan Gheorghe
    Participant

Any ideas how to post the entire xml file?
    Thank you

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.