Need help to Export a Module (NETTCPIP)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Kiran Chilledout Kiran Chilledout 11 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Kiran Chilledout
    Kiran Chilledout
    Participant

Hi Guys,
    I am a noob and need some help in exporting a Module from one system to another.
    I have NETTCPIP module on my system but do not have it in my company system however I can use Pendrive to copy paste data.Is there a way to export this module?

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

That's unlikely to work. The module has dependencies on the OS version.

Profile photo of Dave Wyatt
    Dave Wyatt

What Don said. If it were going to work on your OS and PowerShell version, it would already be there. (It's a built-in module.)

Kiran Chilledout
    Participant

@Don jones @Dave Wyatt:Thank You for the quick response. not sure why it isn't there.I am unable to use get-netipaddress .I am Studying Powershell with "Powershell In a month of lunches".
    Is it possible that system Admin would have disabled this? I am using Powershell 4.0 and with Administrator privileges.

Profile photo of Dave Wyatt
    Dave Wyatt

Those modules were added in Windows 8 / Server 2012. If you're trying to do this on Windows 7, it won't work even with PowerShell v4 installed. (This is because Windows 8 and later added some new WMI namespaces / classes, and the NetTCPIP module is just a wrapper around some of these WMI objects.)

Kiran Chilledout
    Participant

Ah haa...Now i get it..Thank you @Dave Wyatt

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.