Need help with Start-Job in V2

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sirirat Kongdee Sirirat Kongdee 3 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Sirirat Kongdee
    Sirirat Kongdee
    Participant

This following script works in V3 but for some reasons it is doing nothing in V2. The job started and keep running but never completed.

$command = 'Import-Module Y:\xxxxx\xxxxxxxxx\xxxxxx1\xxxxxx1.psm1
    sftp-file -file ' +$CompressedFile + ' -SftpHostname '+ $ftp + ' -Username ' + $ftpusername +' -Password '+'"'+$ftppassword +'"'+' -Destinaton '+ '"'+$dest +'"'+ '-logfile ' + '"'+$l+'"'

$sb=[scriptblock]::Create($command)

Start-Job -ScriptBlock $sb

I have also tried the following and it is doing the same thing.

Start-Job -initializationScript {Import-Module Y:\xxxxx\xxxxxxxxx\xxxxxx1\xxxxxx1.psm1} -ScriptBlock $sb}

The script is meant to be used in ScheduleTask. It is working in V3 and I have no idea why it doesn't work in V2.

Thank you!

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

FYI, if you delimit the command in {} instead of single quotes, it'll be a script block without having to cast it.

Does the command work, by itself, in v2, if you run it interactively? That is, run it not in a job?

In other words, can you just run &$command and have the command work properly?

Profile photo of Sirirat Kongdee
    Sirirat Kongdee
    Participant

Thank you Don for your reply. I really appreciate it.

I put the command as string and cast it because I need to pass variables. Is there a better way to do it? If I put the variable in the script block, it doesn't pass the value.

And yes, I can run these command and they work fine interactively.

Import-Module Y:\xxxxx\xxxxxxxxx\xxxxxx1\xxxxxx1.psm1

then

sftp-file -file xxxxx -SftpHostname xxxxxxx -Username xxxxxx -Password xxxxxx

If I put them in Start-Job -scriptblock { }, the job started and its status is running. But it never completed. I run receive-job command and nothing comes back.

I also tried

Start-Job -initializationScript {Import-Module Y:\xxxxx\xxxxxxxxx\xxxxxx1\xxxxxx1.psm1} -ScriptBlock {sftp-file -file xxxxx -SftpHostname xxxxxxx -Username xxxxxx -Password xxxxxx}

and it does not work either.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.