Need powershell script to update the SQL database

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A Need powershell script to update the SQL database

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 2

<p style=”margin: 0in; margin-bottom: .0001pt;”>  SQL command:</p>
      <p style=”margin: 0in; margin-bottom: .0001pt;”>  update [Ascertain_PROD].dbo.HostStatus</p>
      <p style=”margin: 0in; margin-bottom: .0001pt;”>  set Comments = ‘Decommissioned’ where HostID in (SELECT  H.[HostID]</p>
      <p style=”margin: 0in; margin-bottom: .0001pt;”>  FROM [Ascertain_PROD].[dbo].[Host] H left join [Ascertain_PROD].dbo.HostStatus HS on H.HostID = HS.HostID</p>
      <p style=”margin: 0in; margin-bottom: .0001pt;”>  where h.HostName = ‘XXXXXServerNameXXXXX’)</p>
      We need to create a powershell script using above update sql command to run remotely to update the database . Once run the script, server will be updated as decommissioned in our inventory and it should run using credentails. please help me to get the script to update.

Example:

Topics: 5
      Replies: 237
      Helping Hand

Hi Sekhar,

The script looks good to me. What is the issue here?

Thank you.

Participant
        Topics: 2
        Replies: 2

When I tried to run this script on the SQL server. it’s throwing an error as function ExecuteSqlQuery is not recognized .

Topics: 5
      Replies: 237
      Helping Hand

Yes, call the function after the function is created.

Participant
      Topics: 10
      Replies: 41
      Helping Hand

Possible simplification – the SqlServer module has Invoke-Sqlcmd.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Need powershell script to update the SQL database’ is closed to new replies.