Need to build list of computer certificates:

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Will Anderson 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Martin
    Participant

Hi,
    I am new to the world of Powershell scripting and need some assistance from you guys,
    Basically I need to build a list of certificates against a text file of all machines in my domain but also need to list only certificates with keywords within the issuer property.
    I am using a -like filter but can seem to only use one of these within my line of code as below...

Import-module pki
    cd cert:\localmachine
    Get-ChildItem -recurse | select -property PSParentPath, version, SerialNumber, Issuer, subject, notbefore, notafter | where-object -Property issuer -like "*ABC*"

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to add an additional -like value in the same line of code if possible?

Many thanks in advance!

Will Anderson
    Keymaster

Try using the FilterScript parameter in your Where-Object.

Get-ChildItem -recurse | select -property PSParentPath, version, SerialNumber, Issuer, subject, notbefore, notafter | where-object -FilterScript {$PSItem.Issuer -like "*Microsoft*" -and $PSItem.Version -eq 3}

Martin
    Participant

Hi Will, many thanks for your quick reply!

I have tried your suggestion and applied it to my code as below:

Get-ChildItem -recurse | select -property PSParentPath, version, SerialNumber, Issuer, subjec, notbefore, notafter | where-object -filterscript {$PSItem.issuer -like "**" -and $PSItem.issuer ="**" -and $PSItem.issuer = "**"} 

However, I now receive the error below:

At line:1 char:146
    + ... -filterscript {$PSItem.issuer -like "**" -and $PSItem.issuer ="**" -and ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The assignment expression is not valid. The input to an assignment operator must be an object that is able to accept assignments, such
    as a variable or a property.
    At line:1 char:196
    + ... PSItem.issuer ="**" -and $PSItem.issuer = "**"}
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The assignment expression is not valid. The input to an assignment operator must be an object that is able to accept assignments, such
    as a variable or a property.
    + CategoryInfo : ParserError: (:) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvalidLeftHandSide

Apologies if the full error is a bit overkill here, just trying to be conscise.

Again, many thanks for your help so far.

Martin
    Participant

Hi Will,
    Apologies, my code snippet above was incorrect, I have corrected it as below and it runs without error, however it returns no results 🙁

Get-ChildItem -recurse | select -property PSParentPath, version, SerialNumber, Issuer, subjec, notbefore, notafter | where-object -filterscript {$PSItem.issuer -like "*STR-1*" -and $PSItem.issuer -like "*STR-2*" -and $PSItem.issuer -like "*STR-3*"} 

Any idea why, is it ok to add similar -like statements in the same filter reference?
    Again, thanks for your help so far.

Simon B
    Participant

Did you mean -and ??

you are asking $PSItem.issuer to be like STR-1 STR2 and STR3 or with -or

where-object -filterscript {$PSItem.issuer -like "*STR-1*" -and $PSItem.issuer -like "*STR-2*" -and $PSItem.issuer -like "*STR-3*"}

Simon B
    Participant

try with -or

Martin
    Participant

Yes, -or was the final solution, may thanks for both of your helps on getting this sorted out for me.
    This is my very first posting on any blog and I am so impressed, you guys are worth your weight in gold!

Thanks again 🙂

Simon B
    Participant

np anytime

Will Anderson
    Keymaster

Anytime! ^_^

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.