Need to help to convert array of strings to html format

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Suresh krishnan Suresh krishnan 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Suresh krishnan
    Suresh krishnan

Hi All
    I have a script when executed produces results like below.

foreach ($Adminserver in $Adminservers){
    $hypervischeck = Get-BrokerHypervisorConnection -AdminAddress $Adminserver
    $HypervisorStatus  += New-Object -TypeName PSObject -Property @{Sitename = $Adminserver 
                                                  HypervisorName = $hypervischeck.Name
                                                  Status = $hypervischeck.State

The out put is like below

Sitename Status HupervisorName {ON,ON,ON} {VC1,VC2,VC3} {ON,ON,ON} {VC4,VC4,VC5}

When I covert these output to html format I am getting below results , Status and HypervisorName values are showing as System.object.

Could some one please help me wit this script. Thanks .

@{; Status=System.Object[]; HypervisorName=System.Object[]; Value=}
    @{; Status=System.Object[]; HypervisorName=System.Object[]; Value=}

Profile photo of Peter Jurgens
    Peter Jurgens

Since your Get-BrokerHypervisorConnection is returning multiple objects you should also loop through each of those objects within the for each $adminservers loop.

Profile photo of Rob Simmers
    Rob Simmers

The $hypervischeck variable contains an object with each hypervisor. By doing, Powershell v3 and above will do an implicit foreach loop, basically assuming that you want to do:

$hypervischeck | foreach{$_.Name}

This creates an array which is the behavior you are seeing. You need to add an explicit for loop to enumerate through each hypervisor:

$HypervisorStatus = foreach ($Adminserver in $Adminservers){
        $hypervischeck = Get-BrokerHypervisorConnection -AdminAddress $Adminserver
        foreach ($hypervisor in $hypervischeck) {
            New-Object -TypeName PSObject -Property @{Sitename = $Adminserver 
                                                      HypervisorName = $hypervisor.Name
                                                      Status = $hypervisor.State}
        } #foreach $hypervisor
    } #foreach $Adminserver

Another note, rather than doing $var=@() and then doing $var += New-Object, assign the variable to the for loop and it will be automatically appended into the varaible.

Profile photo of Suresh krishnan
    Suresh krishnan

Hi Rob/Peter

Thanks for taking your valuable time to help 🙂 . I am able to produce the output how I wanted and thanks for the hint 🙂 . Its really helpful and I learned something new.

I was breaking my head for quite some time to get this working 🙂
    Thanks once again .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.