.net framework installation on remote servers

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Don Jones Don Jones 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Karan
    Karan
    Participant

Hello,

I am able to install .net framework 4.5 locally but not able to do the same remotely using invoke-command.Can anyone help please

$server = 'wdcibmg02'
    $source = Get-ChildItem -Path "\\wdcibmc01\c$\temp\framework\*"
    $target = "\\$server\c$\temp"
    Copy-Item -Path $source -Recurse -Destination $target
    $session = New-PSSession -ComputerName $server
    invoke-command -session $session -scriptblock {Start-Process -FilePath "c:\temp\framework.exe" -ArgumentList "/q /norestart" -wait -PassThru} 

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

That's authentication – going to that UNC share is engaging the double-hop problem in Remoting. The easiest would be to ensure the share allows totally anonymous connections, or to copy the installer to the remote machine first, so it can install from local source.

Profile photo of Karan
      Karan
      Participant

Hi Don,

Thanks for your prompt response !!

To avoid double hop problem , i did copy the installer file locally using the command "Copy-Item -Path $source -Recurse -Destination $target" wherein $target is the server where I am wanting to install .net framework.

The problem is that it`s not even giving any error message when I run the script. It just keeps on running infinitely and I have to manually stop the script.

Although the installer file gets copied on the server but it does not continue with the installation.

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

The installer is probably insisting on having a user context, then, which Remoting can't provide.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.