.Net / programming question

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A .Net / programming question

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

3 years, 4 months ago.

  • Author
  • #28837

    Points: 0
    Rank: Member


    Not a programmer but i was looking for a resource to have the ability to look up .NET / programming type formats.

    I have a script in powershell that sets and looks at ACLs on folders. I have a pice that i found on the net that is new-object System.Security.AccessControl.FileSystemAccessRule ("$Usr", "FullControl", "ContainerInherit, ObjectInherit", "None", "Allow")

    My question is where can i look up and wat are the items called within the ( ). I have seen this for other .net pieces but not sure what they were called so i could look them up and know how any there were and what the values were that needed to be put in.

    Thank You


  • #28841

    Points: 0
    Rank: Member


    Here is a link to the class at msdn:

    You should also look at "cacls.exe" or "icacls.exe" if you are using win8 or higher.
    I like to use those command line utilities in scripts.


The topic ‘.Net / programming question’ is closed to new replies.