Network-performance-monitor a specific process

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ayan Mullick Ayan Mullick 2 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Ayan Mullick
    Ayan Mullick
    Participant

I can't find the counter for the Network usage of a specific process. This gets one all process related counters.

'Get-Counter -ListSet process | Select-Object -ExpandProperty Counter'

How can one get the number of TCP connections and the bandwidth usage of a specific process thru Powershell?

Profile photo of Alexander Johansson
    Alexander Johansson
    Participant

I can't seem to find a counter for bandwith usage or tcp connections among the returned objects, all I could see was I/O counters which makes me think that they are not broken in to disk and network.

If the counters aren't there they don't exist, so you cant rely on counters to get this information.

Honestly I don't think that there is an easy way to get this information using native powershell commands, maybe you should look for a third party product?

/Alexander

Profile photo of Ayan Mullick
    Ayan Mullick
    Participant

There must be a native way; or how does Process explorer get that information? Even the new Task manager gives you the Total bandwidth usage if each process. Even a 3rd party CLI utility would do. But CLI utilities like Pslist don't show the bandwidth usage.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.