New PowerShell user need help with updating help files

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A New PowerShell user need help with updating help files

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 1

When I’m trying to update help files using “update-help” PowerShell seems to download help files for a while and then stop. Then  I get an error message saying that it didn’t download help files (not clear if any or some have not been downloaded) and that the server might be down, etc..

What can I do in order to know if the help files have been downloaded correctly ?

Why am I getting an error message?

Thank you for your help

Christian

Participant
      Topics: 8
      Replies: 670
      Helping Hand

Can you provide the error messages? My psychic ability is lacking today. 🙂 Usually there are some that can’t update for one reason or another. According to the internet the help files are located under C:\windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\en-US\ so you could do a simple check before and after to know it updated anything

On a brand new windows 10 2004 machine it started with a count of 5 and ended with a count of 141, so I’d say it updated all but the few modules it said it could not.

Participant
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 1

Thank you Doug for taking the time to answer my questions. I also have a brand new 2020 laptop with windows 10 pro 64x installed on it.

I did insert the command in PowerShell and the result is 141. I guess all of them have been installed :-).

Christian

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.