New to PS. Please help with Uninstall-Package

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A New to PS. Please help with Uninstall-Package

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by
    Participant
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 2

Hi Guys and Girls, I’m new both here and to PowerShell in general. I’ve been using it a fair bit for basic things recently and when you get the command right it just works.

However….

I have developed a need for using PowerShell commands to identify and remove a program from a fleet of computers.

This program is called “Intel(R) Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0”.

When I run: Get-Package -Provider Programs -IncludeWindowsInstaller -Name “Intel(R) Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0” I get the Name, Version and ProviderName listed:

Get-Package

Now, if I then run Uninstall-Package -Name Intel(R) Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 -Force nothing seems to happen, no process spike, nor any error in Powershell.

If I run Get-Package -Name “Intel(R) Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0” -RequiredVersion “1.0.0.1003” | Uninstall-Package -Force then I get the error

Get-Package : No package found for ‘Intel(R) Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0’.
      At line:1 char:1
      + Get-Package -Name “Intel(R) Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0” -Required …
      + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (Microsoft.Power…lets.GetPackage:GetPackage) [Get-Package], Exception
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NoMatchFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.PackageManagement.Cmdlets.GetPackage

Is anyone able to help me correct my ways and remove this once and for all, please?

Thank you

Participant

Guess the insert image above didnt work…

It should have looked like:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-Package -Provider Programs -IncludeWindowsInstaller -Name “Intel(R) Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0”

Name                                                             Version                          Source                         ProviderName
      —- ——- —— ————
      Intel(R) Turbo Boost Max Te…                 1.0.0.1033                                                          Programs

Participant
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 704
      Helping Hand

It’s saying it can’t find the package when specifying the requiredversion (the only difference shown in your examples) so what if you try

Participant

Ahhhh…!! I looked and looked and looked and never spotted the mistake in the version number. Thank you.

I did what you suggested and just removed that altogether and didn’t get the error this time but the program stubbornly remains intact and working.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.