New Windows PowerShell group

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Gabriel Lemieux 2 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Gabriel Lemieux
    Participant

I would like to create a Windows PowerShell group in Québec.

Do you have any idea on how to start it, how to set it up, how to let people know the group existe?

Thank you.

Don Jones
    Keymaster

You can start by writing an article on PowerShell.org ;). If you submit one to Webmaster@, we'll be happy to publish it.

Also review what's on https://powershell.org/user-groups/tips-for-starting-a-powershell-user-group/. Twitter can be an effective way of reaching an initial audience, and most of us will be happy to re-tweet if you let us know about it. You can also send an announcement to newsletter@ here, and they can get it into our newsletter (there's a 30-day lead time).

Once you're up and running, have a look at http://cdn.powershell.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/User-Group-Services.docx also.

Gabriel Lemieux
    Participant

Thank you. I'll look into that.

As for the article, I think I have a nice idea. I had a Windows PowerShell problem last week and I think it would do a nice article.

Since Québec is mostly French speaking, could I submit the article both in French and English?

Don Jones
    Keymaster

Of course. Plain text if possible; pasting special characters like ç from Word rarely goes well!

Gabriel Lemieux
    Participant

If I send my article in plain text, how can I tell if some text need to be displayed as code?

Also, do you have a maximum length (for example 2 pages)?

Finally, if a submit an article, do I give up my copyright to PowerShell.org or can I use the article as part of a book I could be writing?

Don Jones
    Keymaster

Just use "PRE" HTML tags around code. And we don't claim ownership of your content.

Gabriel Lemieux
    Participant

Thanks for the info. I guess next step is start writing :D!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.