Next Powershell Book

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Liam Kemp Liam Kemp 8 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of SatoriSlu
    SatoriSlu
    Participant

Hello,

So, I've been on the Powershell journey for about 8 months now. I started with Learn Powershell in a Month of Lunches. After that, I started putting my knowledge to use in my environment, creating scripts using the AD module. Most recently, I've been putting my knowledge to use creating scripts that interact with Exchange Online(We just moved our company to Office 365). Needless to say, Powershell has been of tremendous value.

However, I'd like to continue my learning in a more formal fashion to fill in the gaps in my knowledge and wanted to get the community's advice on which book I should purchase next.

Learn Powershell Tool-making in a Month of Lunches or Powershell in Depth?

Thank you all for your advice!

Steven

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

"in Depth" is a reference more than a tutorial. I'd say Toolmaking is a good next step.

Profile photo of SatoriSlu
    SatoriSlu
    Participant

Thank you Don! Your books are excellent. You have made me an invaluable part of my IT team.

Profile photo of Wilfredo Perez
    Wilfredo Perez
    Participant

SatoriSlu,

Also check out Microsoft Virtual Academy https://mva.microsoft.com/ for PowerShell courses

Profile photo of tommymaynard
    tommymaynard

I'd agree with Don. Toolmaking is a great, next read.

Profile photo of Liam Kemp
    Liam Kemp
    Participant

I agree, Don's books / courses have all been excellent. Another book to check out is Windows PowerShell Step by Step, 3rd Edition by Ed Wilson (AKA The Scripting Guy)

https://www.microsoftpressstore.com/store/windows-powershell-step-by-step-9781509300471

I've just picked this up recently after finishing the Month of lunches material.

Liam

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.