out-file doesnt work when running in an SQL Server Agent job

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A out-file doesnt work when running in an SQL Server Agent job

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 0

Hi,

Im trying to establish some logging in an sql server agent job running some powershell code but I keep failing, repeatably 🙁

I’m running this code in explorer Ise and it work fine, no problems

<p class=”p1″> Try {</p>
      <p class=”p2″>    Restore-DbaDatabase -SqlInstance MIPYDB5 -Path ‘\\172.16.64.200\clustsql01-backup\CLUSTSQL01$AG01\AspNetServices\’ -DestinationDataDirectory I:\MSSQL15.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DR-DATA -DestinationLogDirectory J:\MSSQL15.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\DR-Log -DirectoryRecurse -RestoredDatabaseNamePrefix DR_ -DestinationFilePrefix DR_ -norecovery -withreplace -ErrorAction Stop -WarningAction stop -verbose | Out-File -FilePath “I:\MSSQL15.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\Log\DR_AspNetServices_$((Get-Date).ToString(‘yyyyMMdd_hhmmss’)).txt”</p>
      <p class=”p3″>    [System.Environment]::Exit(0)</p>
      <p class=”p4″>} catch {</p>
      <p class=”p3″>    [System.Environment]::Exit(1)</p>
      <p class=”p1″>}</p>
      <p class=”p5″> When I run in in SQL Server agent as a subsystem = powershell job under a proxy account it fails. If I remove the out-file part of the job and run the code in sql server agent it works fine, so the problem is the out-file part…</p>
      Anyone, any ideas???

Regards

Michael

Participant
      Topics: 17
      Replies: 1951
      Helping Hand

When running as the proxy, how is it mapping I: and J:? This proxy account is just executing the task, not logging on the server and running any logon scripts. The proxy also would need to access to the remote shares.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.