Package resource msiexec.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dan Potter Dan Potter 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Dan Potter
    Dan Potter
    Participant

Doing something wrong here. It hangs at this part.

VERBOSE: [server]: [[Package]Splunk] Package configuration starting
    VERBOSE: [server]: [[Package]Splunk] Starting C:\Windows\system32\msiexec.exe with /i
    "C:\windows\Temp\splunk.msi" /quiet INSTALLDIR='C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder' AGREETOLICENSE=Yes /QUIET
    VERBOSE: [server]: [[Package]Splunk] Starting process C:\Windows\system32\msiexec.exe
    with arguments /i "C:\windows\Temp\splunk.msi" /quiet INSTALLDIR='C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder'
    AGREETOLICENSE=Yes

Package Splunk
             {
                Ensure = 'Present'
                Name = 'UniversalForwarder'
                Path = 'C:\windows\Temp\splunk.msi'
    			Arguments = "INSTALLDIR='C:\Program Files\SplunkUniversalForwarder' AGREETOLICENSE=Yes"
                ProductId = 'A3FA04AC-2CF4-4AC5-96A5-1D954080A78E'

}

Profile photo of J. Keith Bankston
    J. Keith Bankston
    Participant

We tried this in the PowerShell team, but we're blocked due to not being able to register with Splunk right now.
    Can you try installing the MSI outside of Package Management, and describe what you are seeing?

Thank you

Profile photo of Dan Potter
    Dan Potter
    Participant

When I execute the command in powershell it pops up the msiexec help box. If I switch to cmd it installs. I removed the /i and /quiet from the arguments as dsc automatically includes them.

msiexec popup

PS C:\Windows\system32> msiexec.exe /i c:\windows\temp\splunk.msi INSTALLDIR="c:\program files\SplunkUniversalForwarder"
    AGREETOLICENSE=Yes /quiet

installs quietly

PS C:\Windows\system32> cmd
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]
    (c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>msiexec.exe /i c:\windows\temp\splunk.msi INSTALLDIR="c:\program files\SplunkUniversalForwarder" AGR
    EETOLICENSE=Yes /quiet

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.