Pester – It block doesn’t recognise function outside block.

Welcome Forums Pester Pester – It block doesn’t recognise function outside block.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 3

So I have this function at the script scope level.

Error I am getting on run:

Senior Moderator
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 1411
      Helping Hand

In which file is the function defined and what is the pester version you are using ?

Participant

Hi Kvprasoon, I am using Pester 5.0 and Powershell 7.1.
      The function is in the same script as the test. Here is the full script with the rest of the tests and multiple entries to the arrays cut out:

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by Wandarah60. Reason: cleaned up some typos
      • This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by Wandarah60.
      Senior Moderator
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 1411
      Helping Hand

Pester v 5.x has significant changes from previous versions and your problem can be solved by re arranging the code. Please read https://github.com/pester/pester#discovery–run to understand more on the changes which is causing you the trouble.

Participant

Pester v 5.x has significant changes from previous versions and your problem can be solved by re arranging the code. Please read https://github.com/pester/pester#discovery–run to understand more on the changes which is causing you the trouble.

Thnx Kvprasoon, dumping everything into a large BeforeAll {} block except for the tests solved my issue. I’m new to coding, its a new concept for me to have a BeforeAll {} scriptblock.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Pester – It block doesn’t recognise function outside block.’ is closed to new replies.