PowerShell + 7Zip + Long File Paths + Delimon.Win32.IO.dll

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A PowerShell + 7Zip + Long File Paths + Delimon.Win32.IO.dll

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
1 year, 11 months ago.

• Author

Participant

Hello PowerShell Guru's,

I am wondering if someone can tell me why this code isn't working. I've reviewed and reviewed it, searched Google up and down with no love.

#Set variables for subversion paths
    $ScriptPath = (Split-Path $myinvocation.MyCommand.path -Parent)
    [Reflection.Assembly]::LoadFile("C:\Program Files (x86)\Delimon\Delimon.Win32.IO\Delimon.Win32.IO.dll")
    Add-Type -AssemblyName Delimon.Win32.IO
    Use Delimon.Win32.IO

$scriptDir = "C:\FII"
    $z = "C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe"

$files=gci $scriptDir -r | where {$_.Extension -match "zip"}
    foreach ($file in $files) {
        $source = $file.FullName
        $destination = Delimon.Win32.IO.Directory.Join-Path (Split-Path -parent $file.FullName) $file.BaseName
        write-host -fore green $destination
        $destination = "-o" + $destination
        & ".\$z" x -y $source $destination
    }

$files=gci $scriptDir -r | where {$_.Extension -match "prd"}
        $source = $file.FullName
        $destination = Delimon.Win32.IO.Directory.Join-Path (Split-Path -parent $file.FullName) $file.BaseName
        Start-Process 'C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe x -y $source $destination'
    }

Here are the errors I am currently receiving:

GAC    Version        Location                                                                    
    ---    -------        --------                                                                    
    False  v4.0.30319     C:\Program Files (x86)\Delimon\Delimon.Win32.IO\Delimon.Win32.IO.dll        
    Add-Type : Cannot add type. The assembly 'Delimon.Win32.IO' could not be found.
    At C:\SVN_Repo\Untitled7.ps1:2 char:1
    + Add-Type -AssemblyName Delimon.Win32.IO
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (Delimon.Win32.IO:String) [Add-Type], Exception
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ASSEMBLY_NOT_FOUND,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.AddTypeCommand

Add-Type : Cannot add type. One or more required assemblies are missing.
    At C:\SVN_Repo\Untitled7.ps1:2 char:1
    + Add-Type -AssemblyName Delimon.Win32.IO
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (:) [Add-Type], InvalidOperationException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ASSEMBLY_LOAD_ERRORS,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.AddTypeCommand

Use : The term 'Use' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or 
    operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path 
    is correct and try again.
    At C:\SVN_Repo\Untitled7.ps1:3 char:1
    + Use Delimon.Win32.IO
    + ~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (Use:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

Delimon.Win32.IO.Directory.Join-Path : The term 'Delimon.Win32.IO.Directory.Join-Path' is not 
    recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the 
    spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
    At C:\SVN_Repo\Untitled7.ps1:11 char:20
    +     $destination = Delimon.Win32.IO.Directory.Join-Path (Split-Path -parent $fil ...
    +                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (Delimon.Win32.IO.Directory.Join-Path:String) [], C 
       ommandNotFoundException

& : The term '.\C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, 
    function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was 
    included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
    At C:\SVN_Repo\Untitled7.ps1:14 char:7
    +     & ".\$z" x -y $source $destination
    +       ~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (.\C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe:String) [], Comman 
       dNotFoundException

Start-Process : This command cannot be run due to the error: The system cannot find the file 
    specified.
    At C:\SVN_Repo\Untitled7.ps1:23 char:5
    +     Start-Process 'C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe x -y $source $destination'
    +     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (:) [Start-Process], InvalidOperationException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvalidOperationException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.StartProces 
       sCommand

Participant

You don't need anything external to perform a Join-Path

$ScriptPath = (Split-Path $myinvocation.MyCommand.path -Parent)

#-match is a regex, so you can do || which is OR
    $files=gci "C:\FII" -recurse | where {$_.Extension -match "zip||prd"}
        $source = $file.FullName
        #Join-Path is a standard Powershell cmdLet
        $destination = Join-Path (Split-Path -parent $file.FullName) $file.BaseName
        #Start-Process needs the path to the exe and then the arguments passed seperately. You
        #can also add -wait to have the process complete before moving to the next
        Start-Process -FilePath "C:\Program Files\7-Zip\7z.exe" -ArgumentList "x -y $source $destination" -Wait
    }

Participant

Question about this topic. Is there a way that I can skip two directories that I do not want to change the names of the zip files?

Participant

No need to use 3rd party tools to extract zip files.

Add-Type -assembly “system.io.compression.filesystem"

Get-ChildItem \\path\to\files -Filter *.zip | ForEach-Object {
    $zipfile = $_.FullName ; $dest = $_.FullName -replace "\.zip$"
    [io.compression.zipfile]::ExtractToDirectory($zipfile,$dest)
    Write-Verbose "$($_.Name) Extracted" -Verbose
    }

Participant

Rob,

Thank you so very much! I've tested your suggestions on a directory where I have test zip and prd archives. Now to test on the full SVN repository where I have thousands of zip archives. The reason I need to use 7zip is to overcome the 260 character max limit for file path names.

Thank you so much for helping move me along,

Richard

The topic ‘PowerShell + 7Zip + Long File Paths + Delimon.Win32.IO.dll’ is closed to new replies.