Powershell and IIS troubleshooting Questions - Interview

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Don Jones Don Jones 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of R khan
    R khan
    Participant

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help
    Recently I applied for the job role of an IT Support Engineer (Junior Graduate)
    I have tech experience but it's not really related to Powershell and IIS troubleshooting. My experience is more command line Unix based and Oracle/Excel based so I was surprised when I got the call for the interview

I will be given a 2 hour test on the day and the only information I have been given is the following

'Formal technical interview – it will consist of questions around our core technologies; PowerShell, IIS (Windows webhosting and troubleshooting) and SQL Server. The session will last for 2 hours and is not a designed as a direct test of knowledge, but a test of problem solving in a technical environment.'

As a beginner what should I prepare for or the type of questions do you think may come up?

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

That's a pretty HUGE ground to cover. Those are three complex products; the best I could think of would be to speed-cram some of the "Month of Lunches" books for PowerShell, SQL Server, and IIS – that'll get you at least a basic grounding in their terminology and concepts. But if they truly get into "here's a problem, how would you start to solve it," you may be hosed. I'd worry about being able to actually hold down the job, regardless of the interview.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.