Powershell and the datacenter

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A Powershell and the datacenter

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
2 years ago.

• Author

Participant

I have been using powershell to query AD,Exchange,Lync and Citrix. Now I have multiple scripts running all over the datacenter. I am wondering what people use to monitor powershell scripts running over multiple servers and domains.

Participant

Are you running them from one machine?

You could use scheduled tasks or scheduled jobs to control. Alternatively tie them into one of the orchestration engines on the market

Participant
    Helping Hand

I second the orchestration sentiment to centralize the scripts. You could create a workflow to run the scripts together and send an email with results. You can do it simply with a server where all of the scheduled tasks are centralized, but personally I like the flexibility of a orchestration engine for workflows and documentation.

Participant

Apologies for my delay in replying. Thanks for the input. At the moment they are all running on different machines. I am looking for a solution that does not use system center as the head of the datacenter does not like the products. Any other good orchestration products for powershell?

Participant

Although it's close to System Center family Azure Automation's Hybrid Worker could be an option

The topic ‘Powershell and the datacenter’ is closed to new replies.