PowerShell command to PIN apps to Windows taskbar

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A PowerShell command to PIN apps to Windows taskbar

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 1

I’m looking for a PowerShell command or script that will pin these applications that I commonly use to the Windows taskbar at the bottom of Windows. (I have included the path to these programs):

1. Computer management. Path: %windir%\system32\compmgmt.msc

2. The Windows PowerShell icon. Path: %windir%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe

3. The Task Scheduler icon Path: %windir%\system32\taskschd.msc

4. The command prompt icon. Path: %windir%\system32\cmd.exe

5. The Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager icon. Path: %windir%\system32\inetsrv\InetMgr.exe

6. The Notepad icon. Path: %windir%\system32\notepad.exe

This script will mostly be used in environments where I don’t have access to Active Directory or Group Policy but where I can have the AD team put in a PowerShell script to run one time on several servers or where I will be running this PowerShell script whenever necessary on the individual servers and workstations that I am customizing.

Someone wrote the following script which needs just a few more modifications until it will work properly:

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by kvprasoon. Reason: code formatting
      Participant
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 1014
      Helping Hand
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.