Powershell commands from ADUser and Computers

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A Powershell commands from ADUser and Computers

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

3 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Participant

Hi gang... very new to powershell here... Is there a way when making a change from Active Directory users and computers for the equivalent output of that change to show in powershell somehow? For example, I just created a group in AD Users and Computers.... Would like to see that output from the gui to powershell. Also, I want to now add that group to servers for remote access, but again, not sure how to do it in powershell.... Looking for a tool that can take my gui changes and since its all powershell under the hood, would like to see what the equivalent powershell commands are?

Thanks!

In AD Users and Computers, no. If you use the newer AD Administrative Center console, though, then yes! It's actually written on top of PowerShell, and you can see / export the commands that are associated with anything you do in the GUI.

Participant

This is great! Just opened up the Admin Center, but is there a specific window I need to goto to see the commands? Thanks so much!

According to the documentation I linked, there should be a pane called "Windows PowerShell History" at the bottom of the screen that you can expand.

The topic ‘Powershell commands from ADUser and Computers’ is closed to new replies.