Powershell Editors

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Martin9700 Martin9700 4 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of JonBryce
    JonBryce
    Participant

I started a thread a while ago about what editors people used.  I've just switched from PowerSE to PowerGUI, as the former crashed a lost mode than I'd like – and I was never able to send the diagnostics from the crashes through to the DevFarm people.

PowerGUI has a good rep with another Powersheller here ...  I have high hopes.

Any others out there?  Apart from PowerISE, of course.

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

SAPIEN has both PrimalScript and PowerShell Studio, and Idera has PowerShellPlus. All have their fans. I quite like PowerShell Studio's editor; I like the console environment of PowerShellPlus, but since the v3 ISE improved its own console so much, I've been tending to use that in classes since it's built in.

Profile photo of Martin9700
    Martin9700
    Participant

I use PowerGUI and really like it, but I've always eyed PowerShell Studio.  I'm pretty cheap though and just not sure if shelling out the cash for it would be worth it for me.  The GUI forms is nice and I'd probably use it....

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.