Powershell Icon

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Vern Anderson Vern Anderson 2 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Mike Applebee
    Mike Applebee
    Participant

Running Win7 on laptop,
    There are days a have 10+ powershell console windows open. A few are the shell but others are windowed output from out-gridview or get-help -showwindow. All these have have the same icon when I cycle around the windows [Alt-Tab] switching. Wasting time looking for the right window when all I have is the icon.
    Anyone have a PS way to make the console window have a different Icon than the windows output?

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

Not really, no, I don't think so – that's coded in the manifest of PowerShell.exe, which is the ConHost application.

Profile photo of Daniel Krebs
    Daniel Krebs
    Participant

Mike,

Consider to use PowerShell ISE instead.

– Only one taskbar icon.
    – Open multiple PowerShell consoles within the ISE (Ctrl+T).
    – Each PowerShell console can have multiple scripts opened (Ctrl+N).
    – Get syntax highlighting and Intellisense in the console and script editor.
    – etc.

Regards
    Daniel

Profile photo of Vern Anderson
    Vern Anderson
    Participant

Right click the taskbar in WIndows 7 select properties.
    The 2nd drop down on the screen that says always combine . . .
    Change that to combine only when full

That may help some. Also you could use Windows Key tab to get the preview of each and tab through them until you find the one you want to close.

-VERN

Profile photo of Vern Anderson
    Vern Anderson
    Participant

hmmm

Get-Process | Where-Object {$_.StartTime} | Sort-Object StartTime -Descending | Select-Object ProcessName,Id,StartTime | Format-Table -AutoSize

You could sort them by the order of most recently opened

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.