Powershell List of Updates Result Indicates “In Progress” after v2004 Upgrade

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A Powershell List of Updates Result Indicates “In Progress” after v2004 Upgrade

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 1

I have been playing around with Powershell for a while and just for fun generated a report of Windows Updates. I have been running this for several years and it has worked well. Ever since the upgrade to v2004, the “Result” value for cumulative updates is coming up with a value of “1” (“In Progress”) instead of  “2” which indicates the update “Succeeded” while all other updates (.NET, Office, etc.) display the proper “Succeeded” value. If I view the Updates History in “Settings”, it shows that the cumulative updates have been successfully installed. I also noticed that now the “Restart” button appears before the cumulative update is finished installing. Is it possible that this premature “Restart” button is causing the wrong code to be generated for the cumulative updates?

JohnD

Participant
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 676
      Helping Hand

Can’t really comment on why your code is reporting something without having a clue what your code is.

Participant
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 1

Here are the relevant lines:

—————————————————————————————————–

JohnD

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by grokkit. Reason: code formatting
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.