Powershell Script

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A Powershell Script

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author

Participant

I am trying to extract Logs from event viewer security log.  I am trying to find the easiest way.  I believe using Powershell to get this data is the easiest way.  I am trying to get a nice excel document on employee logons to a server.  The event codes i need are 4985 and 5140. They typically login using Citrix Xenapp.   What I need is the Subject details to show.  The security ID or Account name would be an easy way to identify a user.

I can get the event logs using Get-Eventlog using this command.  What i need is the account name or security ID of specific user, otherwise that other data would be useless for me.

Any help would be Greatly Appreciated,

Michael D.

Participant
    Helping Hand

Try using Get-WinEvent which will allow you to get the full details in events.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/heyscriptingguy/2015/10/20/filtering-event-log-events-with-powershell/

Participant

Hi Michael,

I had created a script sometime back to get account lockout notifications. below is a a snippet form that which might help get what you are after

$Events = Get-WinEvent -ComputerName $DC -FilterHashtable @{LOGNAME='Security';ID="4985"} -ErrorAction Stop
    foreach ($event in $Events){
    $Properties= [PSCustomObject][Ordered]@{
    "Username"=$event.Properties[0].value
    "ReferenceComputer"=$Event.Properties[1].value
    "LockOutTime"=$event.TimeCreated
    "Domain"=$Event.Properties[5].value
    "DC"=$Event.Properties[4].value -replace"\$"
    }
    $Properties
    }
    Script published on the PowerShell gallery for reference
    Regards
    Shihan

Participant

Thank you this information pointed me in the right direction and I was able to obtain what I needed.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.