Powershell script not run

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alejandro Alejandro 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Alejandro
    Alejandro
    Participant

Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned

Hello I have this script "GetInvalidImagePathsV2.ps1" from:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askcore/2010/06/18/ps-script-for-blog-enumeration-of-the-files-failed/

PS C:\powershell> .\GetInvalidImagePathsV2.ps1
      Unexpected token '` ' in expression or statement.
      At C:\powershell\GetInvalidImagePathsV2.ps1:99 char:50
      + " Service Name : $Name`n" ` < <<< + CategoryInfo : ParserError: (` :String) [], ParseException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnexpectedToken

And I added the command "Set-ExecutionPolicy restricted" and confirmed "Y"

If I enter this command:"Get-Host | Select-Object Version" it returnd me V2.0

But not run why can't run the script?

Thank you

• This topic was modified 3 months, 4 weeks ago by Profile photo of Alejandro Alejandro.
    Profile photo of Christian Sandfeld
    Christian Sandfeld
    Participant

Looking at the error message thrown, it complains about a problem with a backtick ( ` ) at line 99, character 50.

If the backtick is used to break a statement into several lines, it must be emediately follows by a line break. It is important that it is not followed by whitespace if any kind.

When you copy from a web page like that, you will often find extra whitespace, invalid line breaks etc. So you will have to go through the script, and check the formatting.

Profile photo of amit aman
    amit aman
    Participant

Hey Alejandro,

By default running script is disabled on your machine if you are running any machine lower than Windows Server 2012 R2.
    So, to run the script on your machine, you need to set the execution policy to RemoteSigned(recommended).

set-executionpolicy -RemoteSigned.

After that,

replace:

Write-Host “$Header`n” `
    ” Service Name : $Name`n” `
    ” Service Caption : $Caption`n” `
    ” Registry key : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetservices$NameImagePath`n” `
    ” Value : $Path`n” `
    ” Reason : $Info`n” `
    “`n” `
    -ForeGroundColor “$Color”

with:

Write-Host -ForeGroundColor “$Color” “$Header`n”
    ” Service Name : $Name`n”
    ” Service Caption : $Caption`n”
    ” Registry key : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetservices$NameImagePath`n”
    ” Value : $Path`n”
    ” Reason : $Info`n”
    “`n”

It is working for me.

Profile photo of Alejandro
      Alejandro
      Participant

"amit aman" worked perfectly your change.

Thank you so much.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.