Powershell script to check whether multiple KB are installed or not in servers

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jon 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Shalomon
    Participant

Powershell Script to find patched and unpatched server!

I have multiple KB's, I am trying to find whether those KB's have been patched in those servers.

I have two text file, One contains servers list and other one contains KB list.

Please find my script below.

$computers = Get-Content -path "C:\Temp\Shalomon\MultipleKB\server_list.txt"
    $Patch = Get-Content -path "C:\Temp\Shalomon\MultipleKB\kb_list.txt"
    foreach ($computer in $computers)
    {
    if (get-hotfix -id $Patch -ComputerName $computer -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue)
    {
    Add-content "$Patch is Present in $computer" -path "C:\Temp\Shalomon\MultipleKB\Hotfix-Present.txt"
    }
    Else
    {
    Add-content "$Patch is not Present in $computer" -path "C:\Temp\Shalomon\MultipleKB\Missing-Hotfix.txt"
    }
    }

**************But i get the output as

KB4025337 KB4025252 is Present in vmpip-xxxx
    KB4025337 KB4025252 is Present in vmpip-yyyy
    KB4025337 KB4025252 is Present in VMPIP-zzzz

Note: I do not get the servers in which the KB's are missing, Can someone help me out in this code!

Jeremy Corbello
    Participant

Here, use this one. Made it a while back to do exactly that.
    https://www.jeremycorbello.com/index.php/powershell/general-scripts/5-get-mshotfix-ps1

Jon
    Participant

Change this:

get-hotfix -id $Patch -ComputerName $computer -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue

To:

get-hotfix -id $Patch -ComputerName $computer -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue -outvariable patchresult

Then do if your if/else on the $patchresult variable, if the variable is not null then you know you have the patch, if it's null then you don't have it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.