Powershell script to run amother domail

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Pradeep Arora 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Author

Gaurav Kumar
    Participant

Hi guys,

I am using this script ($password = ConvertTo-SecureString "passwordofmachine" -AsPlainText -Force
    $cred= New-Object System.Management.Automation.PSCredential ("domainname", $password )
    Invoke-Command -ComputerName computername -ScriptBlock { Get-ChildItem "F:" -Recurse | Move-Item -Destination "E:" } -credential $cred ) to enter in my VM and run this script. But am getting an error that this Vm is registered on another domain. can anyone tell me how can i access my VM registered on another domain by my local machine. if anyone know than please tell me.

Thanx and regards
    Gaurav Kumar

Alex Aymonier
    Participant

Try this and see how you go 1st then change the ScriptBlock

$password = ConvertTo-SecureString "passwordofmachine" -AsPlainText -Force

$cred= New-Object System.Management.Automation.PSCredential ("domainname\Username", $password )

Invoke-Command -ComputerName "computername.domainname" -ScriptBlock { test-path -Path "f:" } -credential $cred

Gaurav Kumar
      Participant

i had tried this code but this code occurs the same error.

Pradeep Arora
      Participant

I see you used

PSCredential ("domainname", $password )

instead of suggested

PSCredential ("domainname\Username", $password )

Jon
    Participant

Have you tried by IP address instead of DNS name? I am thinking there might be an issue with how the domains are structured, but can't be for sure without any details on the domain setup.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.