powershell v4.0 issues

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Don Jones Don Jones 3 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of zachs1008
    zachs1008
    Participant

I have updated one machine to windows 8.1 preview. After the update I then installed the remote server management tools for 8.1 as well to get the active directory management tools installed. I have been testing a cmdlet in powershell 4.0 now and it will not work. I am loading the activedirectory module and I am trying to run the following:

get-aduser -identity username -properties *

When I execute this cmdlt I get the following error:
    Get-Aduser : One or more properties are invalid.
    Parameter name: msD5-AssignedAuthNPolicy
    at line:1 char:1
    + get-aduser -identity zschaffner -properties *
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + Category Info: InvalidArgument: (zschaffner:ADUser) [Get-ADUser], ArgumentException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId: ActiveDirectoryCmdlet:system.argumentException,microsoft.activedirectory.management.commands.getuser

Any ideas on why this is happening?

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

I'm not sure anyone's really prepared to help With PowerShell 4.0 or Windows 8.1, yet – I mean, they're still very much not-ready-for-production at this stage. I'm not even certain if that Windows 8 RSAT tools will be supported on 8.1, or if they'll issue a new RSAT for it.

Profile photo of zachs1008
    zachs1008
    Participant

There was a new version for the RSAT tools download for the 8.1 preview. I may post over on TechNet as well. May be helpful to Microsoft in identifying any issues with the preview release. If someone here has any ideas it would be much appreciated.

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

Definitely in terms of letting MS know – even submitting a bug on Connect. I know they don't really scan these forums.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.