Poweshell Web Access issues

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brett Lombardo Brett Lombardo 2 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Brett Lombardo
    Brett Lombardo
    Participant

Hello

I've installed powershell web access to test it out and set an open pswaauthorizatoinrule

Id RuleName User Destination ConfigurationName
    — ——– —- ———– —————–
    0 Rule 0 * * *

I'm trying to browse to a UNC path that my user account for sure has access to and i continually get the following error:
    —————————————-
    cd : Access is denied
    + CategoryInfo : PermissionDenied: (\\blalba.com\asdf\asdff\folder:String) [Set-Location], UnauthorizedAcc
    essException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ItemExistsUnauthorizedAccessError,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.SetLocationCommand

cd : Cannot find path '\\blalba.com\asdf\asdff\folder' because it does not exist.
    + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (\\blalba.com\asdf\asdff\folder:String) [Set-Location], ItemNotFoundExcep
    tion
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.SetLocationCommand
    —————————————–

ideas?

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

So, one of the errors says "path does not exist," so... you know... check that 😉

But the other thing is authentication. Your credential is delegated from the PWA server to whatever server you're managing. By default, your credential can't be delegated or sent any further; this is the "double hop" problem you often see mentioned in regard to PowerShell Remoting. So unless that path accepts a completely anonymous connection, it won't work. "Secrets of PowerShell Remoting" goes into great detail on this (it's on our free ebooks page). This really isn't PWA; it's Remoting. PWA is just an HTML console that uses Remoting.

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

BTW, punch through to our OneDrive folder (it's linked from the free ebooks page, and http://1drv.ms/1oRHupk should get you there). There's a draft of the PWA ebook I'm writing with Jason that might explain this better.

Profile photo of Brett Lombardo
    Brett Lombardo
    Participant

Awesome thank you i'll check it out. It exists 🙂 i swear.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.