Author Posts

May 30, 2014 at 7:44 am

Hello

I've installed powershell web access to test it out and set an open pswaauthorizatoinrule

Id RuleName User Destination ConfigurationName
— ——– —- ———– —————–
0 Rule 0 * * *

I'm trying to browse to a UNC path that my user account for sure has access to and i continually get the following error:
—————————————-
cd : Access is denied
+ CategoryInfo : PermissionDenied: (\\blalba.com\asdf\asdff\folder:String) [Set-Location], UnauthorizedAcc
essException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ItemExistsUnauthorizedAccessError,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.SetLocationCommand

cd : Cannot find path '\\blalba.com\asdf\asdff\folder' because it does not exist.
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (\\blalba.com\asdf\asdff\folder:String) [Set-Location], ItemNotFoundExcep
tion
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.SetLocationCommand
—————————————–

ideas?

May 30, 2014 at 7:50 am

So, one of the errors says "path does not exist," so... you know... check that 😉

But the other thing is authentication. Your credential is delegated from the PWA server to whatever server you're managing. By default, your credential can't be delegated or sent any further; this is the "double hop" problem you often see mentioned in regard to PowerShell Remoting. So unless that path accepts a completely anonymous connection, it won't work. "Secrets of PowerShell Remoting" goes into great detail on this (it's on our free ebooks page). This really isn't PWA; it's Remoting. PWA is just an HTML console that uses Remoting.

May 30, 2014 at 7:57 am

BTW, punch through to our OneDrive folder (it's linked from the free ebooks page, and http://1drv.ms/1oRHupk should get you there). There's a draft of the PWA ebook I'm writing with Jason that might explain this better.

May 30, 2014 at 8:03 am

Awesome thank you i'll check it out. It exists 🙂 i swear.