programming languages that are "close to powershell" to learn?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of 4sap 4bra 4sap 4bra 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of 4sap 4bra
    4sap 4bra

I am new to powershell, but was wondering if there were any other languages one could learn to either add complimentary knowledge to powershell, extend my understanding, or just further add another "like language" in regards to furthering my work or career skills. I don't want to learn any language for the time being that I will not use or find useful in a work related environment.

Profile photo of Dave Wyatt
    Dave Wyatt

Well, any .NET language would be useful in getting to know the framework that PowerShell is built on, but many of PowerShell's syntax elements and concepts (the pipeline, etc) won't be present in those languages. C# would probably be the closest to PowerShell.

Profile photo of 4sap 4bra
    4sap 4bra

Thanks for the response dave, im in 70-410/411/412 server class right now and there beating the powershell left and right so i got cbts powershell course, and am trying to soak everything in atm.

just wanted to put something on the future to-learn list if something was necessary.

on a slightly different subject, is this site still offering shell certifications/in the near future? i was just curious because its my understanding this was the only site to issue those.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.