Reading multiple CSV files

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Olaf Soyk 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Venkata Kalyan
    Participant

Hi,
    Everyday a folder will be created with date, and in that we have few csv files. I need to verify all the CSV files and find, if any csv file contains only one row (it should email).

I wrote a script, which can look for a particular file, but finding current folder & looping through all csv files are not working. Can someone guide me on this?

Below is the code, which I am having:

$b=Import-Csv C:\Users\venkatak\Desktop\Scripts\CSV_Verification\Snap_SalesbyMonth-013120180220.csv | Measure-Object | select count
    if($b.Count-eq 1)
    {

Send-MailMessage -To “Manager 1 " -From “Reports Admin " -SMTPServer test.com -Subject “Daily report” -Body "Error"
    }

Olaf Soyk
    Participant

Venkata,

Everyday a folder will be created with date, and in that we have few csv files

I think it would have been helpful if you told us the format of the date in the folder. You can list all folders with Get-ChildItem.
    To check all CSV files in that folder you would use Get-Child-Item again and parse them with a Foreach-Object.
    Before you start sending emails I would recommend to test your logic if it works at all. 😉
    And last but not leat: When you post code please format it as code here in the forum. It's easier to read, to copy, to debug and to understand.

Olaf Soyk
    Participant

If you're just interested in the count of rows you could use something like this:

$TargetFolder = 'C:\Users\venkatak\Desktop\Scripts\CSV_Verification'
    Get-ChildItem -Path $TargetFolder -Filter *.csv | 
        ForEach-Object {
            @(Import-Csv -Path $_.FullName -Delimiter ';' ).count
        }

Of course you should change the -Delimiter ';' to whatever delimiter you have in your CSV files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.