NEVERMIND: Receiving PowerShell Direct error message, but I’m not connecting…

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A NEVERMIND: Receiving PowerShell Direct error message, but I’m not connecting…

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 0

My desktop was insane. Ran in the latest updates, restarted, and all was fine. 🤬

I’m stumped. I am connecting to any remote physical server with Invoke-Command within an AD domain using an Enterprise Admin, but I’m receiving an error message which seems to be associated with PowerShell Direct and I can’t figure out how to troubleshoot. Is there a debug mode? The messages in the server’s event log aren’t helpful (not even sure if they are related to my connection activity). -Debug and -Verbose produce no output. Test-WSMan NOT_A_VM produces normal output. I can connect from the server back to my desktop, but I can’t make a connection from my desktop to any server. Running Windows 10 and Windows Server 2019 or Windows Server 2016.

PS C:\Users\matt> Invoke-Command -ComputerName NOT_A_VM -ScriptBlock { C:\Windows\System32\whoami.exe } -Credential [email protected]
      An error has occurred which Windows PowerShell cannot handle. A remote session might have ended.
      + CategoryInfo : OpenError: (NOT_A_VM:String) [], PSRemotingData StructureException
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PSSessionStateBroken
      • This topic was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by LookoutHill.
      • This topic was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by LookoutHill.
      Senior Moderator
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 1236
      Helping Hand

Do a Get-PSSession and see are there any existing session targeting same computer. If so clear it up.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.