Register-PSSession Problem

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jake Heng Jake Heng 2 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Jake Heng
    Jake Heng
    Participant

Greetings Everyone. I'm trying to register an endpoint using RunAsCredentials. But when I type the following one line command:

Register-PSSessionConfiguration -name PowerShell.WebAdministration53 -RunAsCredential 'Domain\username' -Force

I get the following error message:
    (pre)Register-PSSessionConfiguration : An internal error occurred.
    At line:205 char:5
    + Register-PSSessionConfiguration -filepath $args[0] -pluginName $args[1] -sho ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,Register-PSSessionConfiguration(/pre)

Please note the following:
    I am using Windows 2012, Powershell 4.0
    If I don't use runascredentials, I have no error message.
    I know the credentials I am entering are correct. This is because if I mistype the password it responds with a credential problem.(/ul)

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

I'm not sure what the internal error is, just from looking at the error message. This may be something you need to take to Microsoft product support. If I had to guess, I'd say there was a problem in it resolving the credential, but I've no way to diagnose that.

Jake Heng
    Participant

Ok, it appears that this may be a Powershell 4.0 compatibility issue. Can anyone help me with the following? I just wanted to confirm that this is true.

Can any one run the following code on Powershell 4.0 (not 3.0):
    Register-PSSessionConfiguration -name PowerShell.WebAdministration53 -RunAsCredential 'Domain\username' -Force

So far I have no issues running it on Powershell 3.0.

Jake Heng
    Participant

Sorry – I just found a 2012 server in our lab environment that can execute this command successfully in 4.0:(

Still don't know what's wrong with my production environment server. I still get errors when running the register-pssessionconfiguration with runascredentials switch.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.