Author Posts

September 30, 2014 at 11:58 am

Greetings Everyone. I'm trying to register an endpoint using RunAsCredentials. But when I type the following one line command:

Register-PSSessionConfiguration -name PowerShell.WebAdministration53 -RunAsCredential 'Domain\username' -Force

I get the following error message:
(pre)Register-PSSessionConfiguration : An internal error occurred.
At line:205 char:5
+ Register-PSSessionConfiguration -filepath $args[0] -pluginName $args[1] -sho ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,Register-PSSessionConfiguration(/pre)

Please note the following:
I am using Windows 2012, Powershell 4.0
If I don't use runascredentials, I have no error message.
I know the credentials I am entering are correct. This is because if I mistype the password it responds with a credential problem.(/ul)

October 1, 2014 at 12:08 am

I'm not sure what the internal error is, just from looking at the error message. This may be something you need to take to Microsoft product support. If I had to guess, I'd say there was a problem in it resolving the credential, but I've no way to diagnose that.

October 9, 2014 at 4:23 am

Ok, it appears that this may be a Powershell 4.0 compatibility issue. Can anyone help me with the following? I just wanted to confirm that this is true.

Can any one run the following code on Powershell 4.0 (not 3.0):
Register-PSSessionConfiguration -name PowerShell.WebAdministration53 -RunAsCredential 'Domain\username' -Force

So far I have no issues running it on Powershell 3.0.

October 9, 2014 at 4:28 am

Sorry – I just found a 2012 server in our lab environment that can execute this command successfully in 4.0:(

Still don't know what's wrong with my production environment server. I still get errors when running the register-pssessionconfiguration with runascredentials switch.