Register-PSSessionConfiguration - 'Cannot find drive'

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tim Pringle Tim Pringle 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Travis Hubbard
    Travis Hubbard

I am attempting to register a PSSession configuration after creating a new PSSession configuration file. The params I am using are -path, -name, -securitydescriptorsddl, -runascredential. (I am following along with Don's CBT Nuggets demo).

However I'm running into this error executing the cmdlet:

dir : Cannot find drive. A drive with the name 'WSMan' does not exist.
    At line:98 char:3
    + dir 'WSMan:\localhost\Plugin\' -Force:$force | ? { $ -like "$filter" } | ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (WSMan:String) [Get-ChildItem], DriveNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DriveNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetChildItemCommand

New-Item : A parameter cannot be found that matches parameter name 'file'.
    At line:72 char:48
    + new-item -path WSMan:\localhost\Plugin -file "$filepath" -name "$pluginN ...
    + ~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: (:) [New-Item], ParameterBindingException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NamedParameterNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.NewItemCommand

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot are welcome. Thanks!

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones

If Remoting has not been enabled on the local computer, than the Wsman: drive won't exist.

Travis Hubbard

Travis Hubbard

I'm sure I'm just late to the party here, but the custom endpoints feature is awesome! This is going to really influence how our team works. Many thanks to the Powerhell team and this community.

Profile photo of Tim Pringle
    Tim Pringle

Hi Travis,

It's a biggie for my team at work as well. Will finally be able to offload some of the simple tasks that need admin access to our first line folks.

Worthwhile having a check of

If you're interested in the next stage of how constrained endpoints can be implemented.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.