Register-Repository The property 'Name' cannot be found on this object.

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A Register-Repository The property 'Name' cannot be found on this object.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
6 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Participant

I've just started to work on setting up an Artifactory powershell module nuget feed (authentication required). I set up a ci user in Artifactory, and was able to successfully add the nuget source & register the repository on our build agents (w2012r2).

However, when attempting to regsiter the repository on my personal machine (w10) I consistently run into:

PackageManagement\Register-PackageSource : The property 'Name' cannot be found on this object. Verify that the
    property exists.
    At C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\PowerShellGet\1.6.0\PSModule.psm1:4631 char:17
    + ...     $null = PackageManagement\Register-PackageSource @PSBoundParamete ...
    +                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (Microsoft.Power...erPackageSource:RegisterPackageSource) [Register-Pack
       ageSource], Exception
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PropertyNotFoundStrict,Microsoft.PowerShell.PackageManagement.Cmdlets.RegisterPackageS
       ource

Attempted command looks like:

Register-PSRepository -Name "XXXX" -SourceLocation "https://bob/lob/law" -PublishLocation "https://bob/lob/law" -InstallationPolicy Trusted

Some module details with what's installed:
    Powershellget: 1.6.0
    PackageManagement: 1.1.7.0
    Nuget: 4.5.1.4879
    Powershell: 5.1.16299.251

All the versions above are equal to or newer than what is on the w2012r2 server

Any help is much appreciated!

Participant

Very strange... What are you trying to set as the name? Perhaps it contains unusable characters?

Participant

No weird characters at all, actually. In fact, the name I'm using is only letters.

The topic ‘Register-Repository The property 'Name' cannot be found on this object.’ is closed to new replies.