Registration of the Dsc Agent with the server failed

Welcome Forums DSC (Desired State Configuration) Registration of the Dsc Agent with the server failed

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 0

Hello,

Setting up the DSC pull server and the node for the first time and I am hitting an error that I couldn’t solve. Please help.

Server configuration

Server in Azure

PS C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\DscService\Configuration> Get-DscConfigurationStatus

Status     StartDate                                         Type                Mode      RebootRequested     NumberOfResources
      ——         ———                                            —-                  —-             —————             —————–
      Success   12/23/2020 9:05:38 PM         Consistency       PUSH                False                              3

Also created the testconfig.mof and the corresponding .checksum under the DSCService\Configurations folder

Client configuration

Test client machine – local desktop

Created the metamof using this configuration

When running the command

Set-DscLocalConfigurationManager -Path .\PullClientConfigNames -Verbose

Getting the below error message

VERBOSE: Performing the operation “Start-DscConfiguration: SendMetaConfigurationApply” on target “MSFT_DSCLocalConfigurationManager”.
      VERBOSE: Perform operation ‘Invoke CimMethod’ with following parameters, ”methodName’ = SendMetaConfigurationApply,’className’ = MSFT_DSCLocalConfigurationManager,’namespaceName’ = root/Microsoft/Windows/DesiredStateConfiguration’.
      VERBOSE: An LCM method call arrived from computer desktop-HOME with user sid S-1-5-21-1893490152-1803344854-317642803-1002.
      VERBOSE: [desktop-HOME]: LCM: [ Start Set ]
      VERBOSE: [desktop-HOME]: LCM: [ Start Resource ] [MSFT_DSCMetaConfiguration]
      VERBOSE: [desktop-HOME]: LCM: [ Start Set ] [MSFT_DSCMetaConfiguration]
      VERBOSE: [desktop-HOME]: LCM: [ End Set ] [MSFT_DSCMetaConfiguration] in 0.0340 seconds.
      VERBOSE: [desktop-HOME]: LCM: [ End Resource ] [MSFT_DSCMetaConfiguration]
      VERBOSE: [desktop-HOME]: LCM: [ End Set ]
      Registration of the Dsc Agent with the server https://dsc-test.preprod.com/PSDSCPullServer.svc/ failed. The underlying error is: The PowerShell DSC resource is not a valid Desired State Configuration resource. .
      + CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (root/Microsoft/…gurationManager:String) [], CimException
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Pull_Registration_ManagedPluginFailure
      + PSComputerName : localhost

VERBOSE: Operation ‘Invoke CimMethod’ complete.
      VERBOSE: Set-DscLocalConfigurationManager finished in 0.399 seconds.

Note:  I have the root cert from the pull server copied to the trusted certs on my desktop.

Participant
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 3
      Helping Hand
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.