Remote info on Windows Special User Folders

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Max Kozlov 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author

Jason DaSilva
    Participant

I have seen several ways to list off the special folder locations (Desktop, MyDocuments, etc.) for a profile from the registry to win32_UserProfile to .NETs Environment. The reg would be an easy grab, but some folders don't have a defined Key name (such as with Downloads). [Environment]::GetFolderPath gives all in great detail, but I am having issues running this remotely (invoke being blocked by our general security). I played around with win32_UserProfile, but I can't seem to get the path locations from that, though it appears the info is there for some of the folders...

Anyone have any ideas on getting this info from remote computers? Right now I am able to access win32_UserProfile to get the username and SID that I can reference on the remote machine to find some of the data in the Registry, but again, some info would be missing...

Thanks.

Max Kozlov
    Participant

you can try to use this list https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd378457(v=vs.85).aspx
    for egistry search. it can help you to convert clsid used in registry to special folder name

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.