Rename Files based on rolling files present.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Richard Siddaway Richard Siddaway 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of AASHU
    AASHU
    Participant

I have multiple servers as Server1, Server2, Server3,........ServerN (N is a finite no)

On Each server I need to search for a specific file File234.deg in specific location as \\ServerN\E$\Folder1(No Sub folder search is needed, search is restricted up to Folder1 only)

If file is present I need to rename (rolling backup like *.deg01/*.deg02) the file (File234.deg) based on condition whether how many rolling files are already there. I need to create next rolling file. For Ex:

1. If no rolling files are there rename File234.deg to File234.deg01

2. If rolling files present are File234.deg01 and File234.deg02 then I should rename file to File234.deg03. There is a finite limit to the rolling files numbers too here.

After taking the rolling backup I need to create a fresh empty file with the same name as before File234.deg in the same location

Profile photo of Richard Siddaway
    Richard Siddaway

What does your code look like so far? is there a specific point at which you're stuck?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.