SCCM script to find Application Dependencies

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Graham Beer 1 year, 10 months ago.

• Author

Graham Beer
    Participant

Hi,

I've written this script to look at an application passed to the function, find the CIID number from the classname 'SMS_Application', pass it to the classname SMS_AppDependenceRelation to find the CIID's assigned to the application, then pass back to 'SMS_Application' to obtain the application dependent names.

Please with the way i approached this and overall happy with the script itself.

Any areas i could improve on ? The feedback is helpful for my learning.

function get-application_dependencies { 

[CmdletBinding()] 
        param (  
        [parameter(ValueFromPipeline=$true,     
    	    ValueFromPipelineByPropertyName=$true)]   
        [string]$Application
        )

Begin {

#Set arguments to find CIID from CIM
    $Arguements = @{
        Namespace = "root\SMS\site_AAC"
        ClassName = "SMS_Application"
        }
    }

Process {

#Get CCID number from 'SMS_Application' classname for specified application to pass to "SMS_AppDependenceRelation" classname
    [int]$CIID = Get-CimInstance @Arguements |
        where { $PSItem.LocalizedDisplayName -eq $Application } |
            Sort-Object CIVersion | Select  -ExpandProperty CI_ID -last 1 #If the application has more than one revison this will use the last and active one

#Pass CCID number to query SMS_AppDependenceRelation to find Application Dependencies. Create Custom Objects to use in foreach block
    $list =  [pscustomobject](Get-CimInstance -Namespace root\SMS\site_AAC -ClassName SMS_AppDependenceRelation).where{($PSItem.FromApplicationCIID -eq $CIID)}

#All CI_IDs that is collated from 'FromApplicationCCID' pass through foreach block to get application name of the dependencies
    foreach ($l in $list.ToApplicationCIID) {
        Get-CimInstance -Namespace root\SMS\site_AAC -ClassName SMS_Application |
            where {$PSItem.CI_ID -eq $l} | 
                #Results
                select @{name="Application Dependencies for $Application";expression={$PSItem.LocalizedDisplayName}}
                }
    }

End {
        #Will display results  
    }

}#End of Function

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.