SCCM script to find Application Dependencies

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Graham Beer Graham Beer 10 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Graham Beer
    Graham Beer
    Participant

Hi,

I've written this script to look at an application passed to the function, find the CIID number from the classname 'SMS_Application', pass it to the classname SMS_AppDependenceRelation to find the CIID's assigned to the application, then pass back to 'SMS_Application' to obtain the application dependent names.

Please with the way i approached this and overall happy with the script itself.

Any areas i could improve on ? The feedback is helpful for my learning.

function get-application_dependencies { 

[CmdletBinding()] 
        param (  
        [parameter(ValueFromPipeline=$true,     
    	    ValueFromPipelineByPropertyName=$true)]   
        [string]$Application
        )

Begin {

#Set arguments to find CIID from CIM
    $Arguements = @{
        Namespace = "root\SMS\site_AAC"
        ClassName = "SMS_Application"
        }
    }

Process {

#Get CCID number from 'SMS_Application' classname for specified application to pass to "SMS_AppDependenceRelation" classname
    [int]$CIID = Get-CimInstance @Arguements |
        where { $PSItem.LocalizedDisplayName -eq $Application } |
            Sort-Object CIVersion | Select  -ExpandProperty CI_ID -last 1 #If the application has more than one revison this will use the last and active one

#Pass CCID number to query SMS_AppDependenceRelation to find Application Dependencies. Create Custom Objects to use in foreach block
    $list =  [pscustomobject](Get-CimInstance -Namespace root\SMS\site_AAC -ClassName SMS_AppDependenceRelation).where{($PSItem.FromApplicationCIID -eq $CIID)}

#All CI_IDs that is collated from 'FromApplicationCCID' pass through foreach block to get application name of the dependencies
    foreach ($l in $list.ToApplicationCIID) {
        Get-CimInstance -Namespace root\SMS\site_AAC -ClassName SMS_Application |
            where {$PSItem.CI_ID -eq $l} | 
                #Results
                select @{name="Application Dependencies for $Application";expression={$PSItem.LocalizedDisplayName}}
                }
    }

End {
        #Will display results  
    }

}#End of Function

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.