Author Posts

April 29, 2016 at 12:55 pm

I have a Azure automation script that I'm using to schedule azure jobs.

when I run the script under my own credentials and session it works fine.
When I attempt to use this with a webhook that calls script that then inturn logs in as the user specified. then attempts to run anyone of the following cmdlets (et-AzureRmAutomationSchedule,new-azurermAutomationschedule, register-AzureRmAutomationScheduledRunbook ) I get:

Get-AzureRmAutomationSchedule : Run Login-AzureRmAccount to login.
At line:54 char:16
+ ... if(Get-AzureRmAutomationSchedule -name $jobname -ResourceGro ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (:) [Get-AzureRmAutomationSchedule], PSInvalidOperationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvalidOperation,Microsoft.Azure.Commands.Automation.Cmdlet.GetAzureAutomationSchedule

I've mocked up one of the calls and use it in a Azure job and i get the same result code follows:

Param
(
  [Parameter(Mandatory=$true, ValueFromPipeline=$true, ValueFromPipelineByPropertyName=$true)]
  [string]$credential 
  )
     $cred = Get-AutomationPSCredential -Name $credential
      Add-AzureRmAccount -Credential $cred    
     set-azurermcontext -subscriptionName 'Azure Testing'
  Get-AzureRmAutomationSchedule -name CaptureAlerts-MemoryPercentage -ResourceGroupName AzureTesting -AutomationAccountName AutomationAccountTest -Verbose  -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue

Error:

Account Environment Subscription Tenant
——- ———– ———— ——
xxx@ok.com AzureCloud xzzzddd

ERROR: Get-AzureRmAutomationSchedule : Run Login-AzureRmAccount to login.
At line:10 char:1
+ Get-AzureRmAutomationSchedule -name CaptureAlerts-MemoryPercentage -R ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (:) [Get-AzureRmAutomationSchedule], PSInvalidOperationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvalidOperation,Microsoft.Azure.Commands.Automation.Cmdlet.GetAzureAutomationSchedule

If anyone can think of or offer advice on what I need to do or something I've forgotten I'm all ears.

April 29, 2016 at 1:05 pm

Does the account you are using have service principal authentication rights?

see this similar issue https://github.com/Azure/azure-powershell/issues/1309

April 29, 2016 at 1:39 pm

The weird thing is that I can see the account I specify login. I've been able to use other cmdlets in Azure. Just not the three for scheduling a job.

I'll try some of the ideas in the thread ... Thank you for your post.

May 4, 2016 at 8:26 am

So I've attempted the Service Principal and I stil cannot seem to get it to work.

See this thread:
https://github.com/Azure/azure-powershell/issues/2179

May 9, 2016 at 12:44 pm

Ok at the end of the day my issue stemmed from not having all the modules updated and close to the same version.

Note to self make sure you update modules 1st.