Script execution jumps to console undesireable behaviour

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A Script execution jumps to console undesireable behaviour

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 1

Recently some of my instances on different machines has been exhibiting the behaviour of jumping to the console pane after executing a script (from the script pane). This is not welcome behaviour. Does anyone know how to configure this? When I am in the script pane, I want to stay in the script pane. I have not found anything useful online. I do not want to hit CTRL-I after every script run because that’s not how we did it in the old days… we just hit F5 or F8 and then carried on.

Participant
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 324
      Helping Hand

Are you talking about the ISE? As I understand and have experienced for years, this is the way it’s always been. I recall one of the powershell summits a speaker spoke about fixing that. My ISE has always left my prompt in the console after f5/f8. If there is a way to make it not, i’m interested as well.

Participant
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 1

How do you get anything done? This would seem a deterrent to using the scripting window.  I do not want to spend an extra second or two looking for my cursor and then grabbing the mouse to put it where I need it to go.

Here are the different PSVersions I’m running

PSVersion   5.1.14409.1018  No jump
      PSVersion   5.1.17763.1007  Jump
      PSVersion   5.1.18362.628   Jump

Maybe someone ‘fixed’ this feature.

Participant
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 324
      Helping Hand

Well i can keep hitting f8 and it keeps running the selection, but when i start typing it’s in the console. I am on 5.1.18362.628.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.