Script to Delete User Profiles on Domain Computers via GPO

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A Script to Delete User Profiles on Domain Computers via GPO

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
3 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Participant

Suggestions on script to delete user profiles on multiple domain computers that have not logged on over 3 months. However it needs to avoid specific accounts even if they haven't logged on in 3 months(support/local admin accounts)

Participant
    Helping Hand

The simplest option I can think of is to use this: DelProf2

Participant

Olaf- the issue with DelProf2 is that since anti-virus scans folders it changes the date on the user folder to a more recent date. if i use the NTUSERINI switch then it deletes all accounts since ntuser.ini is used for roaming profiles and is created when the profile is created.

My vision is:

(1) collect

Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_UserProfile 

for each domain computer that is reachable
    (2) collect the LastLogonTimeStamp and LocalPath or UserName and convert to usable date/time
    (3)
    (a) list accounts to exclude(such as admin and Support accounts)
    (b) list all accounts that haven't logged in for a specified length of time and delete

js

Participant
    Helping Hand

Note that there's no way to cleanly delete a profile in Windows 10. A lot of app-related stuff gets left over.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1c59e5e2-0517-4ad5-a07b-8f291145c333/how-do-you-cleanly-delete-a-profile?forum=win10itprosetup

Participant

Participant

Martin,
    Thanks for posting the link to that script! It'll be very helpful in managing profiles on our Citrix farm. I do have a question, though. Is it possible to use the Exclude parameter with an Account (ie. domain\firstname.lastname)instead of an account type (ie. Administrator)?

Participant

@ryan,
      If that's the user account for the profile then yes.
      You can verify by using the Remove-Profile without the -Remove switch for reporting only.

The topic ‘Script to Delete User Profiles on Domain Computers via GPO’ is closed to new replies.