Hi, I used Autohotkey to script small Things for myself and I am Aware that this Task could be done with Autohotkey without Problems. However I Need to provide a script on many machines and would like to use Powershell instead so I do not Need to install Autohotkey everywhere.
1. User has to select some text in browser or other window
2. Press Hotkey, for example F12 on Keyboard to trigger script
3. SCRIPT: send Ctrl+X to grab selected text .
4. SCRIPT: replace dedicated character (for example #) with other string (CR/LR)
5. SCRIPT: send Ctrl+V to paste modified text at same place where source text was
I am just wondering if Powershell can do this, as I am newbie on Powershell. If anybody could confirm that this is possible I will dig into scrpting hoping to solve this