Server 2012 R2, The 70-410 Test and Powershell

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike F Robbins Mike F Robbins 2 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Matthew Milam
    Matthew Milam
    Participant

At the end of the month I am taking for a second time the 70-410 test. Most of the questions were directed towards Powershell. I am watching the Virtual Academy videos from Microsoft. They are good. I also have the Windows Server 2012 Inside Out book (not R2 I know). I would like to know if this is enough to understand PS in regards to administrating Server 2012 R2.

Profile photo of Mike F Robbins
    Mike F Robbins
    Participant

To be honest with you, just learn PowerShell. Learn it for your career and then you'll have no trouble passing whatever PowerShell questions they throw at you on a certification test. I wrote a blog about "IT Pro's are in for a Rude PowerShell Awakening When Upgrading Their Certifications to Windows Server 2012" back when I was upgrading my certifications to 2012 and I gave some specific thoughts in that blog article about what I considered to be the prerequisites for the 70-417 book that I used as a study guide. 70-417 encompasses the test you're taking as well as two others that you'll probably be looking to take at some point in the future.

µ

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.