Set-Mailbox -issuewarningquota giving me error when importing CSV

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A Set-Mailbox -issuewarningquota giving me error when importing CSV

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 3

Getting this code when running –

Import-CSV “Filepath” | foreach {Set-Mailbox -IssueWarningQuota 46gb}

“Cannot display the prompt for “Identity” because type “Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.MailboxIdParameter” cannot be loaded.”

Whats the problem?

Participant
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 1013
      Helping Hand

There is not enough info here to help you. That one line should not be causing this and it has to be somewhere else in your code.

This error is not unique, it can happen in various ways.

Participant
      Replies: 20
      Helping Hand

Try…

(Import-Csv C:\temp\userlisttest.csv).Identity | %{Set-mailbox -Identity $_ -IssueWarningQuota 46gb}

My CSV is formatted like…

Identity
      mbidentity01
      mbidentity02
      etc...

Participant

I have my CSV structured like this –

Identity

Email1@domain.com

Email2@domain.com

Email3@domain.com

@p42p0wd3r I tried your code and am now getting an error reading  ”
      Cannot bind argument to parameter ‘Identity’ because it is null.”

Participant

Try…

<textarea class=”ace_text-input” style=”opacity: 0; height: 18px; width: 7px; left: 44px; top: 0px;” spellcheck=”false” wrap=”off”></textarea>

(Import-Csv C:\temp\userlisttest.csv).Identity | %{Set-mailbox Identity $_ IssueWarningQuota 46gb}
      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

My CSV is formatted like…

PowerShell
      6 lines

<textarea class=”ace_text-input” style=”opacity: 0; height: 18px; width: 7px; left: 44px; top: 0px;” spellcheck=”false” wrap=”off”></textarea>

Identity
      mbidentity01
      mbidentity02
      etc
      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I tried this

Participant
      Replies: 20
      Helping Hand

I tested on my Exchange 2016 and 2019 installs, worked just fine.  It gave me a warning “WARNING: Please update UseDatabaseQuotaDefaults to false in order for mailbox quotas to apply.”, which I added as “-UseDatabaseQuotaDefaults $false” and that warning went away.  The quota warning level was changed either way, but would be reset if it was using the default quotas, as the warning suggests.

I also tested with a hybrid Exchange Online, Office 365, and I was NOT able to change the warning quota for those accounts via powershell.  The script doesn’t seem to do anything at all.  🙁  Even when I went after a single account, the quota was not adjusted.

Participant
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 321
      Helping Hand
      Import-CSV “Filepath” | ForEach-Object {
          Set-Mailbox -Identity $_.Identity -IssueWarningQuota 46gb
      }

Participant

I tested on my Exchange 2016 and 2019 installs, worked just fine. It gave me a warning “WARNING: Please update UseDatabaseQuotaDefaults to false in order for mailbox quotas to apply.”, which I added as “-UseDatabaseQuotaDefaults $false” and that warning went away. The quota warning level was changed either way, but would be reset if it was using the default quotas, as the warning suggests.

I also tested with a hybrid Exchange Online, Office 365, and I was NOT able to change the warning quota for those accounts via powershell. The script doesn’t seem to do anything at all. 🙁 Even when I went after a single account, the quota was not adjusted.

Yea I had to do it the old fashioned way… It is okay though, maybe next time

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.