Shutdown warning popup window in Windows 7

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Forums Archives 5 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

by bmathias at 2013-02-04 05:11:04

Hi all.

I need to execute a command that hibernates a set of computers remotely, and i get to the point that i have a psexec running a psshutdown to a list of computers from a file.
    Untill now, all is OK.
    In Windows XP it runs smoothlly, and shows a popup windows with a countdown with the time i set up in the command, and user can cancel it still need the machine or so.
    I Windows 7, the command is executed, the countdown runs, but no popup warning windows is shown, so the user don't have a clue of what's going on, until the moment that the computer starts to hibernate.
    Is there a way to make the popup window appear in the windows 7?
    All the computers are running Windows 7 64bit with SP1 and belongs to an Active Directory Domain with a Windows Server 2003 DC.

Thanks a lot in advance.

BM

by Klaas at 2013-02-04 07:06:51

For help on Psexec and Psshutdown you better ask Mark Russinovich or read his book.
    In Powershell you can find options for Stop-Computer
    Get-Help Stop-Computer -Full | more or check MSDN for the shutdown method of win32_operatingsystem:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa394058(v=vs.85).aspx

by bmathias at 2013-02-05 09:36:58

Hi.
    The Stop-Computer command only restarts, and shuts down the computer.
    Hibernate is not an option in the Stop-Computer command. 🙁
    I need to hibernate in order to keep the open docs and applications that the users may have, or else they will hang me in a rope... hehehe...

Thanks.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.